If you have been injured at work, you may be wondering what you can do to get better.
Chiropractic care can be helpful for a variety of work related injuries, including:
- Back pain: Back pain is often caused by a work-related injury. It can occur after muscle strain, ligament sprain, and disc herniation.
- Neck pain: Neck pain can also be caused by work-related injury. It can be caused by a muscle strain, ligament sprain, or disc herniation.
- Extremity pain: this includes shoulder, elbow, hip, knee, foot and hand pain or injuries. It can be caused by acute injury or overuse injury related to work activities.
- Whiplash: Whiplash is a common injury that can occur when your head and neck are suddenly jerked back and forth. It can cause pain, stiffness, and headaches.
If you have been injured at work, it is important to seek treatment as soon as possible. Chiropractic care can help you recover faster and get back to your normal activities.
Benefits of chiropractic care
There are many benefits to chiropractic care for car accidents and work-related injuries. Some of these benefits include:
- Reduced pain: Chiropractic care can help reduce pain caused by work-related injuries.
- Improved range of motion: Chiropractic care can help improve range of motion in the spine and extremities.
- Improved function: Chiropractic care can help improve function in the spine and extremities.
- Reduced inflammation: Chiropractic care can help reduce inflammation in the spine and extremities.
- Increased circulation: Chiropractic care can help increase circulation in the spine and extremities.
- Return to work: Chiropractic care can help an injured worker return to full work activities quicker.
Some of the techniques that chiropractors use include:
- Spinal manipulation: Spinal manipulation is a hands-on technique that is used to adjust the spine.
- Muscle trigger point therapy: Trigger point therapy is used to relax muscles and improve circulation and muscle function.
- Stretching: Stretching is used to improve range of motion.
- Therapeutic exercise: Exercise is used to strengthen muscles and improve function.
What to expect during a chiropractic visit:
Your first chiropractic visit will include an examination and consultation with the chiropractor. During the consultation, the chiropractor will discuss your medical history and your symptoms.
After the consultation and physical examination, we will develop a treatment plan for you. The treatment plan may include spinal manipulation, myofascial release, stretching, exercise, therapeutic ultrasound and electronic muscle stimulation.